This course is designed to provide candidates the knowledge and skills to operate and maintain irrigation pumping systems and install, test and maintain pumping systems to a national standard. The course requires candidates to analyse information and exercise judgement to complete a range of activities that will demonstrate their skill and knowledge with irrigation pumping systems.
- The ability to determine system types & requirements
- Knowledge of different types of irrigation systems
- An understanding of pump curves, selection, and installation
- Knowledge of how to maintain and test irrigation pumps
- Knowledge of how to install and commission irrigation pumps
- Hydraulics of irrigation systems including friction calculations
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to be involved in irrigation installation, a field of work that is always in high-demand.
Units of Competency
- AHCIRG438 Select and manage pumping systems for irrigation
How to study
Mode of Delivery
The Course will be delivered via Virtual Classroom.
Students will required to undertake post-course assessments.
Course Program & Duration
The Course is delivered over 3 half day Virtual Sessions from 9:30am - 1:30pm AEST (Brisbane Time).
29 - 31 January 2024
8:30am - 1:30pm AEST (Brisbane Time)
Students will be required to successfully complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment at Certificate III level.
Students will require access to two (2) irrigation pump units to complete the post-course assessments.
Students require Basic computer knowledge and skills in order to download course materials and complete online Post-Course Assessments.
| Company Member
| Individual Member
Cancellation Refund Policy
Cancellations received more than ten days in advance of the commencement of the training course will be subject to a 10% administration fee of the course fee paid, unless the student is able to transfer to a future course, in which case no penalty will be applied
- Cancellations received between 5 and 10 working days before commencement of the course may forfeit 50% of the course fee
- Cancellations within 5 working days of the commencement of the course may forfeit 100% of the course fee, unless the student is able to transfer to a future course, in which case a 10% penalty may apply
- By prior arrangement substitution of a student may be acceptable without incurring additional costs and must be approved by Irrigation Australia Training before commencement of the course
- Non-attendance without notice will result in the full course fee being charged
How to Enrol
- Download and read the Irrigation Australia Student Handbook
- Click on the 'Register Now' button
- Complete the online enrolment form that you will receive after you register
- Ensure payment is made seven (7) days prior to course commencement
- Resources will be made available to download after the online enrolment form is completed
Note: If registrations have closed, please contact our office T. (07) 3517 4000 and speak to a member of our training team regarding enrolment under special consideration.