Members and industry colleagues are invited to participate in a bus tour of the Wamuran Irrigation Scheme. Bring along a friend, staff member or customer, simply add them to your registration.
$55.00 p/p (inc gst) - includes bus, Barista coffee and morning tea
Limited seating capacity - secure your spot early!
What is the Wamuran Irrigation Scheme?
- Unitywater is building a recycled water pipeline that will provide year-round water security for a number of farmers in the Wamuran region, while sustainably managing wastewater from our Caboolture South Sewage Treatment Plant (STP).
- The Wamuran Irrigation Scheme (WIS) will divert Class A recycled water from the STP to farms, giving producers greater certainty for crop planting and enabling them to expand their operations.
How will it work?
- Wastewater from the Caboolture South STP will be treated in a disinfection facility before it is transferred via a 10km pipeline to Moodlu Quarry, where it will pass through a water quality management facility.
- Moodlu Quarry will be used for mid-stream balancing storage to ensure that surplus water is held to meet peak seasonal crop demand of up to three times current daily production.
- In Stage 1, water will be delivered to farms in Wamuran from the Moodlu Quarry pump station through another 12km pipeline to safely irrigate turf and crops.
Why is the project needed?
- Through the Wamuran Irrigation Scheme, Unitywater is doing its bit to cater for population growth by providing a sustainable recycled water solution, which can expand along with the population.
- Using the recycled water for irrigation reduces effluent discharge into the Caboolture River – Stage 1 will see 11 tonnes of nitrogen and 1.8 tonnes of phosphorus diverted away from the river system.
- 8.20am Board bus at public bus stop, Hasking Street, Caboolture (opposite Moreton Bay Council offices)
- 9.00 tour of Recycled Water Treatment Plant, Caboolture South
- 10.00 tour of Moodlu Quarry distribution pump station
- 11.00 inspection of farm outlet at strawberry farm, Wamuran
- 11.30 morning tea, coffee and meet the farmers, Wamuran
- 12.30 return on bus to Hastings Street, Caboolture. Tour concludes
** Attendees will enjoy Barista coffee and morning tea delicacies (if you have special dietary requirements, be sure to advise us on registration).
** Car parking is available in the public car park opposite Unitywater offices and the surrounding Caboolture train station (tariffs may apply).